Monday, April 25, 2011

It Feels Like Home..

...because it was!

With recent events that have occurred in our hometown, I couldn't wait to get home. Husband and I woke up nice and early on Saturday to begin the drive from Atlanta to Prattville. I NEVER take pictures, but luckily Husband has some interest in my camera, so he decided to document the trip...

curl

Once we arrived in Prattville, we spent a little while at Big Harvard's (Husband's parentals) house. Then, we headed to my parent's house. (Yep, our parents live very close.) Mom and I were able to attend a visitation for the family that died last weekend in the tornado. As heart breaking as it was, the family is doing well, and have such an unshakable faith in God. I was also able to see many friends and family from the community that I had not seen since high school.

Happier times, Mom and I spent some good quality time shopping where I finally got these and my Easter Dress (later shown)! Mom had also found for me (drum roll please), the ULTIMATE teacher Barbie!!! (remember this?)

DSC_0087

(Um, notice the ONE picture I take is blurry? Story of my life)

While Mom and I shopped, Husband worked around the house with my dad. He took some pictures too, because he is awesome and way more creative than I will ever be.

DSC_0006

DSC_0010

DSC_0013

DSC_0017

Dad really loves his vines...
DSC_0020

DSC_0025

Can't tell you why, but I just love this picture...

DSC_0051

DSC_0057

DSC_0061

My parents' old dog, Buster. The don't make them any lazier sweeter.
DSC_0081

Once I finished shopping and he finished working (the way things should be, right?) we headed back over to Big Harvard's house for...
DSC_0091

DSC_0142

DSC_0108

Where we were joined by the best kind of friends...

DSC_0092
Scout
DSC_0098
Coosa- The world's only Lorgi (Lab/Corgi...maybe?)

DSC_0097
Winnie

DSC_0103
Lucy

Sunday brought Easter morning! Husband went slightly into "Dad Mode" for Easter picture time.

DSC_0160
With my sis-in-law, Savanna

DSC_0163

DSC_0180
My Happy In-laws

DSC_0169
Husband and me :)

Hope you had a wonderful Easter! I will be spending the rest of the week finishing up things because I AM ALMOST COMPLETELY FINISHED WITH GRAD SCHOOL!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...