Thursday, April 14, 2011

Can someone get pregnant...with twins?

Monday night, I dragged husband to one of my favorite places, Home Goods. (He should have known it was a bad idea to purchase a townhouse one block away from it.) I was in search for a dresser to go in our formally guest bedroom/now office/closet. I struck out on the dresser (more on that process later), but I found this...
maclaren_twin_techno300

I mean, I may or may not have a faux baby registry. I was ready and willing to check this bad boy off, especially when I saw that it was...

$79.99!!!!!

I begged and pleaded with husband. I explained that it normally retails for around $340.He informed me that A.) Not only was I not pregnant, that B.) When I am, what makes me think I will have twins?

I. Was. Crushed.

I test drove MY stroller around Home Goods to show how fantastic I was at weaving it through narrow aisles. I even convinced Husband that it was a great neutral color and lightweight. When he still didn't budge, I called Sister to beg her to have another child while Jake was still young enough to ride in the other seat. She gave me a no as well....

*********************************************************************************
Now, I wrote that post yesterday afternoon. I couldn't stop thinking about the stroller. Husband came home, and I continued to talk about it. I tried to explain what a great price it was, but he informed me that I was "being nothing short of crazy."  The next part of the conversation went like this...

Husband- Maybe if it had been $100 doll-

Me- IT WAS! IT WAS ONLY 79.99!!

Husband- No, it was $179.99

Me- NO! LET'S GO BACK AND I WILL PROVE IT!

There might have been a line "I'm having these imaginary twins with or without you," but I can't be sure. I finally drove back to Home Goods to claim my stroller and...

It was $179.99. Husband was right. April 13th... the day my uterus shed a tear...

4 comments:

  1. I laughed SO hard at this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could have been the stroller to match your crib!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would gladly let you borrow "my" crib if you needed one! I think its been there for 5 years collecting dust - just say the word and its all yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW CAN I GET PREGNANT
    OVULATION KIT - FREE DELIVERY IN ALL OVER INDIA
    (For Credit Card /Debit Card /Net Banking /Mob pay/Bank A/c)
    HOME CHECK OVULATION TEST KIT -Rs. 345 (Pack Containing 7 Ovulation Kit and one Pregnancy Kit FREE)
    Now Plan your pregnancy as you like you can now choose your time and date of pregnancy with home check ovulation kit
    INDIA
    Call – 011-43104538, 09560506177
    Mail: - home.check.new@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...