Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Elephants and Bikes

They are my favorite. Oringinally, I wanted to name this blog "Elephants on Bikes," but you don't really think of style/teaching when you think of those things. Everyday, I wear either an elephant or a bicycle somewhere on me. It's my students favorite to try and find where. I would not dare show up to school without one or the other on.

Why are these my favorite? Roll Tide. Go here if you have no idea about what I am talking about. It is a tradition I stole from my Aunt Sue, and now proudly call me own. My bicycles came a little later on. Husband rides bicycles...a lot. He currently has three. (Did I mention that we do not have a garage, so the bikes live inside? Fantastic.) One of my favorite memories from college of him was when he wore his bicycle kit to a "Biker Babe" swap. Wearing a bicycle makes me feel close to him.

My elephant from Monday...

009

Some more of my favorites...

012

I love the chain detail.

017

My friend, Tippi, gave me these for Christmas...
013

014

Last summer, we were at an outdoor festival, and it was 93,400 degrees. I went inside a close-by boutique to enjoy some AC. I felt guilty for loitering, so I bought this...
015

Husband's grandmother gave this one to me...
016

018

019

Complete with Lucy's hair. Story of my life.

020

I do not have, but feel that I need...
il_430xN_84194761

And it's not just me! Some of my favorites have been sporting elephants and bicycles.

Like Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere...

johnnies5

And my newest designer crush, Sheridan French...

20100823-_MG_6553

Look close, I spy an elephant ring on Taylor from SterlingStyle...

f0nkp5

Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...