Wednesday, February 15, 2012

VDay Recap

Like I said yesterday, Valentine's Day is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. when you are a teacher...especially a fifth grade teacher. And while yesterday was full of cute stories and sweet gifts, this was my favorite...


A little boy approached my co-teacher and me yesterday in panic.

Boy: It's Valentine's Day...and I have nothing.

 He went on to explain how he wanted to give a gift to a "friend," but did not have any balloons or candy for her. My co-teacher suggested he write something from the heart, but the boy drew a blank.

Co-teacher: Try roses are red, violets are bl-

Boy: Oh, that's good, let me get a pen and paper.

Me: Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you...but put it in your handwriting.

Later that day, when the class was passing out treats, I saw that the boy in the class was handing out miniature boxes of chocolates to the class. I wondered to myself why he didn't save one for his "friend" when he approached me with my box of chocolate.

Boy: Here you go, and look what I got myself for Valentine's Day!

He pulls out an impressive box of Starbursts. My co-teacher and I exchanged glances that read "Typical boy, buys himself something and forgets the girl." We ended up helping him rewrap the box of Starbursts and attach the poem to the top. I can't wait to hear how it went :)

How was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...