Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Gaines- Four Months

Minor House Keeping:
Dear family, friends, and a few nice strangers that read my blog,

I hate it, but I have to be a total 2 year-old and yell, "Mine!" See that Copyright in the About Me? You can't take my words and/or pictures. I am extremely flattered, but you just can't. Not without my permission and you have to give me credit. I just have to be a brat like that.

And if I may, I challenge you to write your own thoughts and opinions. No one can say what you want to say quite like you! Now let's all fist bump to playing fair and following the rules.

On to other news...


Lately, I have this guy attached to me 24/7. He is comfy there, and I am developing some serious biceps (and minor back pain) because he isn't exactly tiny. 

He turned four months two weeks ago, but I delayed this post because I wanted to go to the doctor to see how much he weighed. And I waited to go to the doctor because I wanted Woody to go with us and have his two year appointment. And I had to wait a little longer because there are only a few doctors at our practice brave enough to see both of my boys at the same time (..with good reason. They were absolute disasters.)







Gaines Facts
  • Weight/Height:17lbs 15oz (93rd percentile), 27.25 in (off the chart) and has a big ole head like his momma.
  • Diaper Size: 2...should probably be in a 3, but we are going to finish up a pack of size 2
  • Sleep: Have you heard of the four month regression? It is terrible. He goes to bed at 7, and pretty much stays asleep until 2. Then he wants to hang out the rest of the night, preferably with the combination of constant nursing and cuddles. However, I feel like we are relearning how fantastic it is to sleep in the crib. He takes 3-4 naps a day, usually around 45 minutes each. We aren't swaddling him either anymore, but he still sleeps with a sound machine on white noise.
  • Eat: Every three hours...I tried to go to 3 hours and 10 minutes, and Gaines pretty much thought I was starving him and made a "Will work for milk" sign. And a heads up, male or female, if you hold him, he will try to nurse you.
  • He learned to roll from his back to stomach! That is why we quit the swaddle.
  • Ouch! Two teeth made they debut on bottom.
  • He is very attached to his Puppy Lovie that my mom gave him. It goes everywhere we do.
  • Gaines loves to watch Woody. He smiles when his brother is happy, and you better believe he cries when Woody is upset.
  • Beginning to try to reach for what he wants.
  • This time last year was when we found out that I was pregnant. I have been thinking and reflecting so much on that time. I am incredibly thankful to my Heavenly Father for saying, "I've got this." I thought that there was no way I could handle a toddler and baby. I thought that this wasn't "the plan." But God's plan is always better than my silly plan though, and I cannot imagine my world without Gaines Alton in it. He completes my world and fills a void in my heart that I didn't even know was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...