Saturday, July 19, 2014

DC and A Week in Alabama

Since I was not about to let Brooks go to DC on our sixth anniversary without me, I tagged along for the night. I knew I had to fly back on Sunday, so I went into ultra tourist drive and decided to cram as much as possible into one day.

First of- The Museum of American History



 I realize Custer isn't the most PC, but my brother was always facisnated by him. His favorite book growing up was about Custer, and he gave that book to Gaines.


 Woody's Second Birthday Gift

 Hey, it's my last name. How cool.



Then the WWII Memorial


And the Washington Monument



Off to the Lincoln Memorial


Don't ask. It was just awesome.







Can you believe we actually saw someone else wearing this atrocious shirt? No picture to prove it, but trust me.

We took a taxi to Georgetown and ate at Martin's- where JFK proposed to Jackie.



And if that wasn't enough, we continued our Food Crawl 2014 to Old Glory.




We came back to hotel to shower and get ready for dinner. We went to Legal Sea Food's, and it was delicious. Since it was our anniversary dinner, I didn't exactly want to have my camera plastered to my face like I had all day. Then we went to the W's roof top where I decided I was too old and uncool, so we left and headed back to the hotel.

On Sunday, I was sad about leaving Brooks and even more sad about having zero help with the boys all week long. Since the Harvards were already at our house keeping the boys, I decided that the boys and I would ride back with Pam and Jim could drive Brooks' (stick shift) truck with our three dogs. To excite them even more, I decided we would stay with them Sunday and Monday night because surely a weekend with the boys wasn't enough. I wouldn't want my parents to miss out on any fun, so Peepers (who doesn't sleep through the night), Cheeks (who normally does sleep through the night but was having some nightmare/wetting through cheap diapers problems), and their momma (who has the best attitude ever) would stay the second part of the week. Oh, and Dad could have to joy of driving the (stick shift) truck with the three dogs back on Friday night via the route I said to go that left us in a terrible traffic jam...in the rain.

I doubt we get an invite back anytime soon.


Cheeks turned two on Monday. This makes his momma sad. We go to the doctor on Tuesday, so I can update his stats and write a sappy post on how full he makes my heart.

 Mom's house was lacking in the birthday candle department.

Brooks turned the dirty thirty on Wednesday. I probably won't update you on his height and weight status, but it is just perfect in case you are wondering.

Cheeks is pressing every button on my computer, so I better wrap this up before he deletes everything. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...