Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globe Recap- The Good, The Bad, The Navy

Even though the Golden Globes aired Sunday night, I wasn't able to watch it until Monday on DVR thanks to the NFL playoffs. However, the pups and I quite enjoyed watching (and critiquing) the awards fashion.

Let's first face the facts, navy has become the "go-to" color. It has become one of the most popular dress colors, and the Golden Globe attendees followed suit.

Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang
Isn't she stunning? This is dress is definitely in my top three for best dressed. Some critics are saying that it was too predictable. Come on people, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Helen Mirren in Badgley Mischka
She is 66 people. Wow.


Michelle Williams in Jason Wu
Not amazed with the dress, but so much better than last year's disaster.


Kelly Osbourne in Zac Posen
Not exactly navy, but in the family. I was SO close to loving this dress, but those shoulders-eek! Not sure what she is doing with that hair either.

Who got it right? These are a few of my favorite looks...


Claire Danes
Black. White. Simple. Elegant.


Jessica Alba in Gucci
Brad Goreski- you don't disappoint


Nicole Kidman in Versace.
Kills It.


Stacy Kiebler in Valentino
Apparently, she let George (Clooney. Her Boyfriend. Seriously.) choose her dress. I think he has an eye for beauty.

Now (my secret-favorite), the MISSES:


Jessica Biel in Elie Saab
Hello, creepy wedding dress

Even Madonna tried to destroy this dress...


Which leads me to my next disaster...


Madonna in Reem Acra
Maybe it is just that I find her extremely annoying


Lea Michele in Marchesa
Why don't I like it? Lea is so tiny, but I felt that it made her have linebacker shoulders. Also, it made me very nervous for a wardrobe malfunction. 


Sarah Michelle Gellar in her daughter's finger paint...I mean Monique Lhullier


Zooey Deschanel in Prada
Don't wear a color that looks like a sinus infection 


Natalie Portman in Lavin
Last year, she had a bump in the front. I guess she really liked it and decided to attach it to her hip.

Now, I just can't decide on how I feel about this number...


Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace
What do you think? I just can't decide. (Although, I can safely say that Angie's arms are looking scary skinny!)

And finally, we can't forget the REAL best dressed...


UGGIE!
Man, I love me a Jack Russell :) 

Who was your best/worst dressed?









1 comment:

  1. I posted my favorites yesterday :)

    http://www.theprettyfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...