Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Quick Catch Up


Well, since my birthday, I have been quite busy.

  • My sweet grandmother, Susie, went to Heaven over Labor Day weekend. She was 101 and what a legacy she left! I was able to go home for her funeral and see my large extended family. Grandmother had 21 grandchildren, 33 great-grandchildren (2 are already in Heaven with her), and 10 great great grandchildren. Amazing.
  • This past weekend, we celebrated the wedding of Laura and Charles! It was such a beautiful wedding. I was having too good of a time to take many pictures, but I will be taking other people's off of Facebook to show you soon.
  • My sweet in-laws came and kept Woody for the weekend. 
  • However, I got a nasty cold that has been slowing me down.
  • Woody finally has a Social Security number (long story.)
  • My sweet momma came when I was having a nervous breakdown on Monday about my child's citizenship, going back to work, and the fact the insurance companies are terrible people. 
However, I have learned this week...
  • I serve a faithful God. He knows what is best for me, even when I don't. And He will never put me through something I can't handle.
  • Husband and I were blessed with the best parents in the world. The biggest gift I can give to Woody is to love him like they love us.
  • I also have the world's greatest friends here. How I got so lucky? I don't know. 
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.-Deuteronomy 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...