Monday, February 14, 2011

A Century with Susie

056
Saturday, we celebrated Susie B. Maddox, my grandmother. She was turning 100. She is literally older than sliced bread. I felt it was appropraite to blog about this event. Not just because she was turning 100, but she was a teacher as well. (Check out her pic! How chic is she?!)

052
We were very lucky. Grandmother was able to travel from her house to my cousin's Pam house for the celebration. She was surrounded by her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and dear friends. We all gathered for Susie. And it was beautiful.

015
014
016

Did I mention that my family loves Alabama?
053
041
Pam's husband, Mike, reading about Grandmother's amazing and eventful life.

048
Six of Grandmother's seven children. From left: Aunt Sue, Aunt Kate, Grandmother, my mom, Aunt Myra, Uncle Mike, and Aunt Becky. (My Aunt Emma was smiling from Heaven :) )

033
My family (minus our spouses.) From left: Maddox (niece), Billy (brother), Marrell (niece), Grandmother, Mom, Jake (nephew), Emma (sister), Dad, and me
039
045

A special thanks to these lovely ladies for organizing and planning this event. From left: Julie, Sherri (cousin and former 2nd grade teacher, Grandmother (former teacher- everything from 1st grade to 8th), Pam (cousin and former math teacher), Aunt Myra (former 2nd grade teacher.)
051
Happy Birthday Grandmother. What an amazing legacy you have left! We all love you so much.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet Lindsey! It is so very special to have her in your life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...