Monday, August 6, 2012

Claudia Gets Married!

Let me catch up on life...

Baby Woody has been keeping his momma busy. Someone is little demanding and prefers to be held most of the day. However, this weekend was exactly what I needed. I slipped in a quick trip to Target and a special little boy's birthday party. Saturday night I relaxed with some good friends who gave up a night out to spend a night in with our family. And Sunday, my own momma assured me that yes, many babies cry...a lot. However, I couldn't shake where I was supposed to be this weekend...


With this couple...


Because they were doing this...


(Although, I am sure the people on the plane appreciate that I did not fly with a three week old who loves to eat and tends to scream when he is not getting to do so)

Claudia and I met my freshman year. We were in the same pledge class, but when you go to a school where your pledge classes are over 50 members, it is difficult to become BFF with everyone. We were sharing a ride back from a pledge party, when the other girls in the car discovered that the only other Claudia we had ever heard of was from the Babysitter's Club. 

I had also never met anyone who could carry on complete conversations in abbreviations...

Or someone who could tell you what animal you resembled, thus founding the famous "Claudia's Creatures"...

Or someone who always had the perfect finishing touch jewelry to lend for a big date...

Or someone who always had their door open, ready to listen to your problems, or join you for a night out...

Someone who had one of the kindest and generous hearts I had ever met...


Kentucky Derby Party
(Claudia, Anna, Me)

Derby Days- Sophomore Year...ah, jean skirts
(Me, Claudia, Anna)

Our Last Crawfish Party
(Me, Hylan, Claudia, Emily, Ana)

Our Last Night in Tuscaloosa
(Hylan, Me, Kathleen, Claudia)

When Claudia and I decided to have a little fun with our costumes for the Aristocrats Party
(???, Kathleen, Me, Claudia, Jimmy)

And now, Claudia is all grown up. She chased her dream and opened her own business, Elegant Ensembles. She is an image consultant and my go-to for tricky fashion questions. She knows her stuff people.

(Sorry Claud, totally stole this pic from your site)

And she is marrying (well, she is married now) an incredible man. Erik is the perfect match for her. Claudia, I  am still beyond depressed that I had to miss your special day. I love you and wish you a lifetime of  love and happiness!




1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet post! And I LOVE the pictures. I remember all of those moments. I wish you could have been at the wedding. You were missed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...