Monday, August 27, 2012

Momma.

When I was about to begin my freshman year of college, I was trilled to be moving off and living independently in my own apartment.

And then I had to set up my cable, got completely overwhelmed (stressful, right?) and called my momma in tears. (This was Week 1.)

Fast forward exactly eight years later. I have a (precious) new baby who screams the majority of the day (and I thank God that my son has healthy lungs that let me hear him.) Once again, I called my momma in tears. Like always, she dropped what she was doing to make the three hour trip to be there for me. (So thankful for my momma.)


She spent three days soothing my baby, letting me de-stress, and giving me ears for the conversation I have been craving. It did my heart good.

I guess that is what mommas do. Woody cries, and I have to stop what I am doing to tend to his needs. Sometimes Usually he is hungry, sometimes there is a dirty diaper, the need for a good burp, or just wants a cuddle. This week, I learned that I won't just be doing this for the first year or until he is 18, but for the rest of his life. (Let's hope his needs change though...if I am burping him at 16 then I give up.) It is overwhelming and scary when I think about it, but I guess that is part of who I am now- a momma. Baby cries, Momma is there, and that is what matters. It doesn't matter if you're 6 weeks or (almost) 26.


These are my Monday ramblings. Oh, and I just wanted to show off his "I'm so happy Momma is holding me" smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...