Friday, September 2, 2011

R-O-L-L T-I-D-E!

Yea, Alabama! Drown 'em Tide!
Every 'Bama man's behind you;
Hit your stride!
Go teach the Bulldogs to behave,
Send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave!
And if a man starts to weaken,
That's a shame!
For 'Bama's pluck and grit
Have writ her name in crimson flame!
Fight on, fight on, fight on, men!
Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then!
Go, roll to victory,
Hit your stride,
You're Dixie's football pride, Crimson Tide!

I am proud to say that I was raised right- a Bama Fan. I grew up in a house where crimson was bled and W.E. was a curse word. Both my parents went to Alabama, and I was the only child who went to Alabama. (Mom, Dad, Remember who your favorite child is...) Fall is still my favorite season because of Alabama football. I have cried on more than one game, talked way too much smack, and may have made a bet to name my first child Julio Harvard. Even though my life has taken my to Atlanta, my heart will always be in Tuscaloosa...especially on game days.

In the South, game days are just different. Girls don't wear oversized tees and jerseys. No, we give our boys the respect they deserve and dress in our best. I will defend my fashion choices to any jort-wearing fan as well.

What are my picks for a great, fashionable football season?







"I ain't never been nothin but a winner."
-Coach Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...