Thursday, May 8, 2014

Little Caffeine, Lot of Jesus

 After my post on Tuesday, things got even better.
  • I got to stay after school for a lovely faculty meeting...
  • Get home and see my husband is already home. He has to change and go to a client dinner...
  • Woody is sick with a fever and runny nose...
  • Wednesday my mom would be leaving and the boys were supposed to go to Miss B's...
  • I have zero sick days left thanks to my maternity leave...
The idea of crawling into bed with those pillows over my head became very appealing. After consuming my maximum amount of caffeine for the day, I took a deep breath and knew that the load was too big for me to carry, and I had to give it to Jesus. 
  • My mom and Brooks promised that they could take Woody to the doctor.
  • Brooks brought home dinner.
  • I got to take a nice, long, hot shower.
  • Gave Woody some Benadryl, and he slept until almost 6:00 am!! His nose was still runny, but his fever was down. And Brooks decided he was a-ok to go to Miss B's
  • Gaines went to bed before 9:00 pm and only woke up once during the night.
  • I found an outfit that fit for Wednesday morning.
I have learned that during the not-so-great times, you have to soak up anything positive. God never promised us that everyday would be easy, but He did promise that He would always be there. Plus, if this is one of those "hard times" I will take it. The situation could be so much worse. I have food, a house, my family is (relatively) healthy, and most importantly, my stretch marks are fading I am well-loved.

Some real framers from Sunday...






(Gaines' hat didn't exactly fit)

First Day at Miss B's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...