Thursday, May 24, 2012

Reupholstered Ottoman

After a year of living with it, Husband and I bit the bullet and purchased a new couch. I am very happy with the new purchase.

However, being the cheap apparent, newly-found DIY person I am, I couldn't completely let go of the old couch. It had a removable chaise that I thought would serve as a perfect ottoman. Unfortunately, the dogs had given it some love last year.


Yep, stapled it back together


Repeat: I love my dogs, I love my dogs....

Of course there were tons of of fabrics I wanted, but this project had to stay on a budget. Luckily, Hancock Fabrics was having a sale, and I found some great upholstery fabric for $5.00 a yard.

(used the blue, but also really liked the green mattress ticking)

The rest was really easy. Removed the couch attachment. Folded the fabric and stapled down. To reinforce  the corners, I added a little nailhead.


And a brand new ottoman!



Total Cost:

Fabric: 2 yards (probably could have gotten away with 1.5 yards) @ $5.00 a piece = $10.00
Nailhead: 2 boxes @ $1.99 a piece = $3.98

Total: $13.98
I don't hate it....

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...