Let's preface this post. I am a lousy cook. I don't like to cook. I don't like to eat my cooking when I cook. Cooking stresses me out.
Now that my rant is finished, I have had to start cooking. It doesn't make sense for a one-income family to eat out every night. So I am trying really hard to learn.
I have three requirement when it comes to cooking:
- Easy prep/quick cook time. I need to prep it during nap time and throw it in the oven when Brooks is on his way home.
- Few ingredients. Mo' ingredients= Mo' Money
- Healthy. If I am eating poorly, I want to be in a fun atmosphere. Think fried pickles and live music.
The basic recipe comes from The 17 Day Diet Plan Cookbook
Here are your ingredients! That's all!
- 1.5lbs of frozen broccoli florets, thawed (or a 12 oz bag of frozen chopped on my case)
- 1 lb of peeled and deveined shrimp (bonus points if the tail is already off) Mom told me I should have used uncooked shrimp. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of red-pepper flakes (I accidentaly bought ground red pepper, but it was still awesome. I just cut out the salt.)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
And if that is too hard, you can do what I do the other 364 days of the year and eat these...
In other news, Brooks thought this would be a good toddler toy...
Don't even think about it, kid.
I can't handle that sweet curl. It reminds me of his sweet daddy.
Speaking of his sweet daddy, my husband (whom I love dearly), booked us flights to DC for our anniversary. (Truth? He is going to be there anyway for a conference and was not about to not include me.) He informed me last night that he had been upgraded to first class. Notice how the word he, not we, is underlined? So if you happen to see him between now and July, please inform him that he needs to either:
A.) Upgrade his wifey as well
B.) Give his wifey his first-class ticket