This is what the room started out as:
Light Blue Paint. White Trim. What the majority of our house is.
The color I chose was Behr's Canvas Tan. Like I said, I picked the color a long time ago, before I knew what the bedding was going to be. My requirements being that it had to be neutral and something that didn't annoy me. (I am such a decorator.)
So we painted... and got this...
(This picture shows the wall, trim, ceiling from bottom to top)
Hello, sterile insane asylum.
It was too much...too light, too boring, too "I am asking for someone to have an explosive diaper on me" looking. I really did like the color of the walls, but I had to make a change.
On a whim, I grabbed a can of paint that I used to paint the master bathroom cabinets last year. I don't know the color's name, because I got it from the Oops Paint Section. I was going to paint all the trim to warm the room up. And with that, Husband informed me I was on my own. (Thanks for the teamwork.)
Painting trim can me tricky- especially when you just put in new carpet in December. Best and cheapest solution? Put packing tape under the trim/over the carpet. Packing tape is wider and way tougher than painting tape. It keeps the carpet down while you are painting and while it is drying. I would like to take credit for this, but I found the idea here...at 3:40 am on Sunday morning...thank you insomnia.
Also, a big thank you to the kind folks at the local Home Depot for working so hard to give me a second can of my mystery Oops Paint when I ran out of the first can.
Here is the rest of the trim
after three days straight of trim painting
Q & A
1. Yes, I painted while pregnant. I used a mask, safe paint, opened windows, and took frequent breaks.
2. Like I said, I don't know the name of the trim color. I call it "Tannish-Grey, Kinda Khaki" color. The walls are Canvas Tan. All Behr paint.
3. Painter's Tape is my worst enemy. With all the trim, my enemy and I got very close. However, when painting the walls, I love this thing on edges- much better than tape.
4. Yes, the blinds are really white compared to the rest of the room. However, our neighborhood covenants require us to have white window treatments. I want to put some fixed roman shades over the blinds and keep the blinds pulled up except for sleepy time.
5. Husband is the worst painter. Love him so much, but it is not his gift, so he was fired as a painter. He did sit with me and build furniture though. And he only locked me in the room once while he went to ride his bicycle. It was an accident...apparently.
6. Jammer has already told me that shim LOVES this color so much and never expects me to even think about repainting...especially the trim.