Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Halloween Part 1 + I Can No Longer Claim to be the Best Driver

Are you ready for Halloween? We're not.

Maybe it is my fault. We don't really have any Halloween decorations besides my white pumpkins. I love white pumpkins.

Today was Woody's Halloween party at school. His teachers asked me to please sedate talk to him about how everyone would be in costumes, and they did not want Woody to be overwhelmed. They must have known there would be trouble when they went to carve the class pumpkin on Monday, and he totally lost it... (If you are wondering, we do not carve Momma's white pumpkins.)

As expected, despite a previous trial run in his monkey costume, Woody completely melted over the idea of wearing this ridiculous costume to school. I felt guilty when I showed up (late) to school and saw how many kids had nice, Pinterest-worthy made costumes/boutique (i.e.: expensive) costumes. I didn't even buy Woody's... it was a hand-me-down from Sister. 

Woody cried the whole way in and refused to march in the costume parade. I tried to make a mental note to quit forcing Woody to do things he hates. Every time I just make Woody and myself (and Brooks...and usually Gaines) miserable. But who am I kidding!?! I finally flung him onto his teacher (they adore me),and high-tailed it out of there. I had some shopping to do before the party! (The Kayce Hughes Atlanta store is closing! Tear.)

As I am driving (not very well) down Peachtree, I hit a curb...hard...and shredded my tire. Brooks was thrilled to come put my spare on in his work clothes...in the rain. Gaines was completely cool during this process and only dumped an entire water bottle down his front. I actually was relieved he didn't freak out staying in his carseat the entire time. 

I got my spare on just in time to make it to Woody's party. To my surprise, he was still wearing his costume and used the school potty!! After the party, I had to take my car to get a new tire. If you live in Brookhaven, I cannot sing the praises of Discount Tire on Peachtree enough. They were so friendly, fast, and didn't freak out as my kids ran around and tried to pull tires and hubcaps of the wall. We ran across the street to eat lunch and explore the Christmas aisle at Lowe's. They had my new tire on in 45 minutes! 

We plan on Trick-or-Treating Saturday. I have a cute costume idea in my head, but am going to try to be a little less "Mommy Dearest" and not force Woody to wear it. If all else fails, don't think I am not above shoving him into his 12-18 month Woody onsie.

Sad Monkey refusing to march in the parade

Miss Gloria saves the day!


Not impressed


His precious class

I hate you, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...