Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hall Make-Over

When we closed on the house at the end of June, we were busy little worker bees. All of the cosmetic projects were to be completed by the end of summer. Ha...hahaha. We were able to work really hard for a week and got the den, dining room, bedroom, and Woody's room painted. Then Brooks left for a week, and I finished painting the kitchen. Two days after he got back I took a little pregnancy test and became a zombie who falls asleep at 7:30 every night. True Life.

We still have so much to do on the inside of the house- both bathrooms are PINK and the kitchen cabinets need to be done. Sigh. But this weekend, I kicked it into high gear and got the hallway, trim, and most of the interior doors painted.


Before

The door at the end of the hall wasn't too bad. The previous owners had recently remodeled the bathrooms (including their doors.) However, the doors on the side of the hall were a nice 70s wood (with a three inch gap where the shag carpeting use to be.) The hall was recently painted, but the "neutral" color they went with had gross yellowish undertones with matching trim.


After!

Where most of the time I am a paint snob, I went with cheap paint for the hall. It is Valspar's Woodrow Wilson Putty in eggshell. I am obsessed with the color. It is the perfect greige in my book. The doors are a semi-gloss black paint (something by Behr) and the trim is Benjamin Moore White Dove that I purchased this summer.And keeping it real, if you notice the third door on the left is still brown. That is Woody's room, and I painted the doors during his nap/bedtime. Whom-whom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...