This is his cousin, Jake's, shirt. I think he is so cute in it!
We took Woody to his first Braves game? Recap: Ate the first inning, sat (somewhat) for the second inning, walked around for the third, went home during the fourth.
Why do I laugh and take pictures during temper tantrums? Bad mom.
Getting ready for church
One Friday night we went to eat at Chick-fil-a. Since there weren't any kids in the Play Place, I decided to let Woody play on the end of the slide while Brooks finished his meal. Mistake. He climbed up the the slide (the wrong way) and wouldn't come down. I tried to get a little girl to coax him down, but no. Oh, and there was no way my pregnant self was going up the thing. I made Brooks climb up there and get him.
He is obsessed with any type of chair. He was in Heaven when Brooks brought in the car seat from his truck for my mom to use while he was gone.
So, I know this seems so small, but this was his first craft! I screamed when I saw it at church. Look how smart he is- he colored the rain blue. Genius.
On our way home!
One day, I met Jessica and Burke at Catch Air. Woody was acting funny at first, but then he loved it! (Turns out, he was sick, and we had to stay home the next day. Apologies to those who he infected.)
(And yes, I am obsessed with overalls.)
The next day with the kid who never cuddles. I had to document it.
His daddy bought him that shirt. In case you can't see, it has a yak on it. Seriously.
- 23 lbs and 31(or 32) inches tall. He is in the 50-75th percentile for both.
- He wears a 5.5-6 double wide shoe and 12-18 month clothes
- Eats at regular meal times, plus some snacks :)
- He eats most things. He really likes lasagna and Ms. B's (the lady who keeps him) hamburger casserole. (I'm glad he gets home cooking from somewhere.)
- At a year, we completely dropped nursing, and he has been doing well drinking whole milk from a cup...too well.
- Sleep has improved drastically. He takes a long nap as Ms. B's (usually 2.5-3.5 hours.) He goes to bed at 7:00 and normally wakes between 5:30-6:30. He likes to sleep with his lovie, blanket, and Mater truck. However, when we go in to get him in the mornings, he has thrown lovie and Mater out. Blanket is definitely his favorite. He would take it everywhere if we let him.
- He has a mouth full of teeth. I should probably count them at sometime. And he likes to brush his teeth.
- At around 13 months, we moved his car seat to face the front. He seems to like it better.
- Woody still has terribly dry skin. We have tried many things, and have resulted in keeping him on an antibiotic ointment as well as an oral treatment for two weeks. I hope he grows out of this!
- Seriously, goes non-stop. Even my mother and Ms. B. (I use them as references since they have experienced other children) cannot believe how busy he is at all times. Climbing on everything is a favorite. Oh well, keeps me active.
- He has the best facial expressions. The stink-eye and pig face are two classics.
- Temper tantrums. Yep, they have started. Right now I find them funny. Ask me again in six months. When he starts rolling everywhere on the floor is when I usually break out the camera.
- Super Why, Sid the Science Kid, and Mickey Mouse's Playhouse are his favorite TV shows.
- We play outside when I get home. I love that time because it is so fun to watch him explore.
- Going back to work full-time has been hard for this momma. It sparks such a debate with people, and they tend to have very strong feelings on the subject. It is what it is though, and even though it is not easy, I know I have a job to do at school and want to do my best at it. It makes me appreciate Woody to such a whole new level, as well as our time together. Love, love, love my little man.