Saturday, July 13, 2013

Our Fifth

Sorry for the long blogging delay, but we are in our new home! And we got internet last night (at a quarter til 8!)

Not only was yesterday a big day because of the installation of cable and internet, but the Hubs and I celebrated five years of marriage! It was a bit of a crazy day- he flew home from Houston after being gone for a week, and I fell asleep at 8:30 due to exhaustion of Woody waking up at midnight and 3:00 am for the past three nights. Romantic I know.

But what is romantic? Husband surprised me on him drive home from the airport with a love seat I told him that I was desperately in love with at a flea market. If that's, not love, I don't know what is.



All joking aside, I am the luckiest girl to have had the pleasure of being married to Brooks for five years. I love to look back on our wedding day and thank the Heavens Pinterest wasn't around think about how excited I was to start my life with Brooks. I was all of 21, and made (oh and am still making) some dumb decisions, but I was smart enough to not care too much about the wedding- just wanted to start a marriage with my best friend.



Marriage isn't always easy. I think everyone knows that, but the wonderfully, awesome thing about Brooks is that he makes the hard times easier and can make me smile through the bad. And so in the end, the happier times out-way the not-so-happy times 100 to one. Blessed. Oh, and our marriage was even more blessed with the addition of this guy, two days after our anniversary last year.



So Happy Five Years Brooks! And to five hundred more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...