Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Woody- Ten Months


I had to bribe him with his toy car



Look at those chompers!



You funny Mom



Covering his smile


Get that camera out of my face.

Woody Facts
  • Weight: Around 22 lbs. We had to go to the doctor for an ear infection, but they didn't weigh him.
  • Diaper Size: 4
  • Clothing: 12 months
  • Shoe Size: 3.5-4 wide
  • Sleep: Settling into a nice routine. He takes a nap from 12:00 noon-1:30/2-ish. He goes down for bed at 7:00, wakes around 5:00 to eat, but goes back to sleep until Brooks wakes him around 7:20. The joys of the first child, if Brooks is home, we both do bedtime routine. It usually goes bath, nurse, story, prayer, and into the bed. Woody usually talks himself to sleep.
  • Eat: Next month, I will begin weening him onto whole milk. Incredibly thankful I was able to breastfeed this long. Same routine pretty much as nine months, except Woody has decided that baby food is much better than table food. Why chew? When he eats baby food, he usually eat 1.5-2 jars. 
  • Has been using his four teeth for evil though. We have had some biting issues...
  • And Beaver Boy's chompers have left their mark on his crib. 
  • Record is four steps on his own! Brooks and I actually both saw his first step on his own. It was awesome.
  • Had his first ear infection, and it was in both ears! Last Monday, Brooks called me at work, and said Woody was running a fever and wouldn't stop crying. I came home, but just figured it was related to maybe some new teeth. Woody kept pulling on his ear, so I decided to take him to the doctor. He had to take an antibiotic for a week, but is 100% better.
  • And I found out that he LOVES medicine! He takes it like a champ and gets sad when it is gone. (He must get this from me. I could live off of Flintstones vitamins and Dimetapp.
  • We start swim lesson soon, but on an especially hot walk, I let him stick his feet in the pool. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. I didn't have any sunscreen on him nor a swim diaper, so I wouldn't let him get in all the way. MISTAKE. I had a screaming child for the next half hour.
  • Really likes when I let him play with my keys. He also loves to play with hangers and rolls of TP. First birthday ideas for you. He also lives the pulls on his ceiling fan. They have these "crystals" on them, and if Woody is sad, they are an instant cheer me up. Brooks even wrote a pretty sweet song about "Magic Power Crystals." (Disclaimer: He is not Spencer Pratt. We don't believe in crystals.)
  • His personality is so funny. Sometimes he acts so shy, and hides his face. However, if he thinks you aren't paying attention to him, he will get in your face and yell. He also will roll his eyes at you.
  • Does not like the church nursery. Cries. Every. Time.
  • Cries more to have his nose cleaned than to get a shot.
  • One of my favorite times of day is right before dinner. Woody is beginning to get sleepy/tired of playing with me, and he just wants to cuddle in my lap and watch TV. It only last about seven minutes, but they are my favorite. 
  • Newest Nickname: Sack of Sugar....I could eat him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...