Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day, Phone Dump, and House Update

Happy Memorial Day! We were able to spend our weekend looking for houses (more on that later), going to church, and just enjoying being together. I am grateful to the men and women who have fought and given their lives so that I may enjoy this freedom and live in the greatest country. Ever.

Now I shall shamelessly post a bunch of pictures of my adorable child.


Well, maybe not so adorable here. Solid food really irritates him, as does his high chair. Solution? I now feed him baby food, in his exersaucer, in front of the TV. No judgement.


Okay, so maybe we need a TV intervention. Again, no judgement.


What a stud.


First trip to the pool. $50 a Babies R Us, almost passed out blowing up his float, used half a bottle of sunscreen, fought (hard) to get a swim diaper on. And then we spent 15 minutes at the pool.


Unrelated Woody news, I found this pretty nightstand at My Favorite Place. I think I am going to leave the outside stained, and paint the drawers white. Thoughts?


Reading the Bible before church. (Don't mine that it is upside down.)


Party Time


He loves to go to the dog park and watch Lucy. Love that sweet laugh.

House Updates

This experience has been interesting to say the least. When we put Vern on the market, our plan was to build outside the perimeter in a new development. When it didn't work out in phase I, we began to really dread the process of apartment living for six months, then moving again. So we began looking inside the perimeter (or just on the other side.) After all, this is the area we love. The choices weren't great. We weren't expecting, or even necessarily wanting new construction, but there just weren't that many houses (in our price range) for sale in general. We were looking in ten different school zones as well since our number one priority is a good school. Last week, we put an offer on a house (that I loved, loved, loved.) It was only about three miles from Vern, but we just couldn't negotiate the price to one my husband we felt comfortable with and lost the house.

And I acted like a four year old. I take that back, my four year old niece and nephew act better than I did. I threw a pity party of how if we just had 10K more, I could have my "dream home." I complained to God, friends, and poor Brooks. Luckily, I married a man who has a forgiving heart, as well as a wise heart who understands and manages our finances. He works late into the night so that I can work part-time and constantly sacrifices for Woody and me. He knew what was best for us, and this house wasn't it.

So this weekend we saw nine more houses. Oh, and put offers down on two. Neither are my dream home, but that is okay. When Darby from Fly Through our Window redid her house, she talked about how God can take such an ugly person inside, and renovate them into something beautiful. Even though she drastically changed the inside of her house, God can do so much more with us. When I thought of her words, and how I had acted like such a brat, I had to eat my humble pie. Not only am I lucky that my husband is so forgiving, but my God is constantly forgiving and renovating me (which I badly need...daily hourly.) He calls me a Child of God, even with all my sins and imperfections. He sees something in me, and has blessed our family in more ways than I can describe. And how can I complain about bad flooring or dated tile, when there are millions with no roof? 

<I can't believe you are still reading.> Who knows what will happen with these homes. I am excited to make a house our home, and continue to see the wonderful things God has in store for our family. I am grateful for this experience  It has been stressful, there have been tears, and constant second guessing. But this weekend, I felt so strongly God working in my heart, teaching me lessons I need. And that is more valuable than new counter tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...