Thursday, February 18, 2016

What We Have Been Up to Since Disney

I'm so glad I have already failed on my New Year's Resolution to be a better blogger...

Woody returned back to school. He had to miss the first three days due to Disney World. We still don't know if he is going to be right handed or left handed.

Gaines loves the fact that Woody has gone back to school. Only child for the win!

Woody likes to go to sleep with his closet light on, and then I turn it off when I go to bed. He won't sleep under his covers. I love sleep stalking him!

But when he wakes, he prefers to sit on his dad's head

 Gaines and Winnie have become the best of friends

 And Lucy doesn't need friends

It snowed and everyone (except Momma) was happy

 Everyone loves Daddy!

Woody had grandparents' day at his school. My boys are so lucky to have four amazing grandparents. IT was during the week, so Mimi and Papa couldn't make it, but Nana and Gran were there to celebrate with Woody!

Gaines has been obsessed with his leash/harness since Disney World. He really wants someone to hold the leash part and drag him around. I finally had to hide it, because we will definitely need it again when we go on vacation!

So, during our first year of marriage, Brooks and I went to Miami during my Spring Break. We didn't realize it was also during Easter. While we were at the beach on Easter Sunday, I found this rosary in the ocean. I thought it was so cool that we found it on Easter. It always hung by my mirror in our townhouse, but in the move to Patches, I thought it had been thrown away. One night, while Brooks was away on business, I was cleaning out the basement. It had been a very hard day, and I was an emotional mess. I opened a box, and there it was! I love God Winks!

(Me and Laura)
Two of my best friends are twins (Laura and Susannah), and they will be 30 the end of February. Laura's little girl will be having her first birthday the end of February, and Susannah is due with her daughter the end of February too! So Susannah surprised Laura with a surprise birthday party the end of January. It was so fun!

Some of you know that at the beginning of December, we listed our house for sale (using a company that is basically like doing For Sale By Owner.) Our intentions were to back up and head out more to the suburbs where one of Brooks's offices is. After two months, and over twenty showings, we had no offers. I felt very discouraged, because I love our house and neighborhood and didn't understand why other people didn't. Then one weekend, we made the decision that we just weren't ready to leave Patches. 

The next Monday was a beautiful day, and it was like a sign that we had made the right decision. I mean, look what is basically in our backyard!

Yep, Gaines sat in the mud

I was looking up rompers and sunsuits for Gaines when I stumbled upon this gem. I have lots of friends who are having baby girls that might need this!

The terrible Hand Foot Mouth Saga...

The first weekend in February, Gaines started acting really whiny. He wasn't sleeping well and had a runny nose and lots of drool. He had a little bit of a fever, but nothing extreme, so I figured it was a cold. On Tuesday, Woody spiked a fever, but he kept saying his throat hurt. He was really upset, so I took him to the doctor. His fever was 103 degrees, and the doctor said his throat looked infected and thought it was strep. However, the strep test came back negative. Well, when we got home, I noticed that Gaines had a slight rash on his mouth. It almost just looked like dry skin. His feet had what looked like mild acne, and he had just one spot on his hand. 

 Since Woody ran a fever on Tuesday, I kept him home on Wednesday. He was ok as long as I gave him Motrin.
(Playing on Wednesday)

(Now during this week, Lucy broke out of the yard twice! And it was super cold. Once she got into the local middle school, that was locked doors, and was roaming the halls. The second time I went looking for her, couldn't find her, came back home where she was happily waiting. Anyone want a Jack Russell Terrier?)

Wednesday night, Woody started getting a rash. However, he has really bad eczema, and it looked like an eczema outbreak. My sister had told me that if you do have HFM, there is no antibiotic for it, so I wasn't going to waste another co-pay to go in and tell me there is nothing they can give me.

No co-pay? Ha. Ha. Ha....

Thursday, Gaines smashed Woody's fingers in the door, taking the skin off. We went to CHOA, where they confirmed they were no broken, and indeed my kids had HFM. Awesome.

Woody's leg on Friday

While at the ER, I had a break down. This parenting stuff is hard. I felt like a terrible mom and that nothing was going right. I called my parents and burst into tears. They are so sweet, and told me they would be in Atlanta by the end of the day, but I sucked it up and told them I was ok.

Well, Monday Brooks was having to go out of town, and my dad didn't want me to be by myself after the previous week. So he drove to Atlanta to keep me company and help with the boys. Is that not awesome?! We had the best time, and I am so happy he is retired and can come visit more often!

And my boys are obsessed with him. The sobbed when he left!

Whew! Long post! I will try not to wait so long again. I have to go though since my kids are raiding the pantry....

1 comment:

  1. Bless you!

    When it rains it pours, right? Ugh... I am so sorry your boys got HFM! That is the worst! So glad that you and Brooks have an immunity to it (because my husband looked like a 15 year old and acted like a 3 year old. ;)

    Hopefully the worst is behind you! So ready to see your smiling face, it hurts!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...