Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dear Gaines,

Dear Gaines,

I cannot believe that we will finally meet you tomorrow. I cannot believe that we made it to your scheduled C-Section date. You are estimated to be a big baby. You are low in my belly and have been head down for quite some time. Your momma confirms this with every step she takes.


(Your momma is not fond of "belly shots," but your dad took this picture earlier this week. My nightly Oreos and milk may have something to do with your size.)


I have thought about you, prayed for you, worried about you, and rejoiced over you. When you were only twenty weeks, we received some scary news. Only scary because we tend to fear the unknown. However, your dad and I realized that God was just writing another chapter in your book, and He has been writing for sometime. It has already been fascinating, and I cannot believe that I get to be part of your story.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Jeremiah 1:5

Soon you will meet your grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and wonderful friends. Know that you are being born into a community who has loved and prayed for you since they knew about you. They will be there for you when you feel alone and helpless. (And will watch you when your parents feel alone and helpless.) They have given up time to celebrate you and have showered you with love and gifts.

This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:12-13

Soon you will be playing with your big brother, Woody. He is amazing. I know you will quickly become friends. I look forward to watching you play, grow, and learn with each other. I predict there may be some fights in there too. I hope you share secrets and support each other. I hope you trust and rely on one another. My greatest wish for my boys is that you be walking witnesses for Christ- showing His great love through your actions towards others.

A Song of Ascents. Of David. Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!

Psalm 133:1

Soon you will be in your momma and dad's arms. We are not perfect parents. In fact, sometimes I feel that my imperfections make me less worthy to be a mother to you and your brother. I hate to tell you, but I am a lousy cook and completely unorganized. But I promise to love you. With everything I have. Because I already do.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

James 1:17

Love,               
Your Momma



1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to meet Gaines! I can't wait to see you & Gaines tomorrow (and of course Woody & Brooks)!! I am praying for you all! (Could I use enough exclamation points?!?!?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...