Since six months is a big deal, I am going to try to get some better pictures of him this weekend.
I left his band-aids on him for pity points.
The closest thing I was getting to a smile.
- Weighs 20 lbs and in 27 inches long- 90th percentile for both
- Diaper Size: 3
- Clothing: 9 month
- Sleep: Usually goes to bed between 7:00-8:00 (sometimes we stay up to say goodnight to Daddy.) Most nights he will sleep until 5:00 am, wake up for a feeding, and go back to sleep until Brooks leaves for work. His morning nap lasts somewhere from 1-1.5 hours, an afternoon nap between 2-3 hours, and a late afternoon catnap, which is usually not longer than an hour.
- Eat: I am still nursing, and he eats every 3.5-4 hours. Since starting solids, he has now had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, avocados, and peas. He likes everything so far! He has been only eating solids once a day, but I am going to begin giving him a fruit for breakfast, and then try to move him to three solids a day. I am making his baby food, and it is actually quite easy. We have a NutriBullet, so I can make a lot and freeze it. The whole process makes me feel quite domestic. I may not can cook, but I can puree!
- At his doctor's appointment, we saw that he has a teeny tiny white dot coming up. That is right, first tooth!
- His hair is starting to come in more. It is long in the front, but the back is short and sticks straight up a la Kate Gosselin.
- He can sit up on his own. He still lends forward on his hands for support.
- Woody also tend to be a bit bashful. Sometimes when you talk to him, he will smile and hide his face. (It is soooooo cute!)
- He got several VTech toys for Christmas and really likes them. However, his favorite toy will always be Lucy. I am so proud of how well Lucy has adjusted to Woody. I can't wait to get Winnie back with us too.
- He prefers not to be rocked :( At night, I just put him in his crib, and he talks himself to sleep.
- It is annoying, but he needs lots of loud white noise to sleep. I try to just turn his sound machine on, but sometimes he wakes up around 10:00 and can't go back to sleep. As a result, I usually give in and turn on SootherSeal on the iPad. Yep, $400 sound machine.
- He had a busy past month. Woody dressed up as an elf for a Tacky Sweater party.
- For Christmas, we traveled to Alabama...
- ...and to Florida to see my parents' new beach place. It was too windy to take Woody down to the water though.
- He got dressed up for New Year's and was such a gentleman during dinner. Since he was behaving so well, we were so excited to get to go by our friends' NYE party. That is when we realized it was 8:45.... wah wah.
- We did get to go to the Kimmeys' Annual New Year's Day party though!
- Woody enjoyed his first National Championship outside the womb. It was also his first and last time at a Tilted Kilt (thanks to no cable or tables at Taco Mac.)
Happy Six Months Pumpkin Head! I could just eat you up!!