Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ikea Hackers

Random Teacher Fact of the Day: 1 out of 10 Teachers Die of TMF...Teaching Multiplication Facts

Husband and I are very lucky that we live near an Ikea. Thanks to their affordable prices, we were able to furnish our home during of first years of marriage. The downside is that every other broke person in the greater Atlanta region flocks to Ikea to furnish their home. Dilemma? A bunch of cookie cutter living/dining/bedrooms. Almost every twenty-something home I enter has an Ikea lamp, bedside table, furniture, etc... (DISCLAIMER: Some Ikea pieces are AMAZING! Like our bed that I love!)

Solution: Ikea Hackers. Now you can still buy the inexpensive big box Ikea pieces, but give them your own personal (dare I say) "flair."

Here are some of my favorites:

Taking this...

And making this...

Taking this...


And making this...


Or taking this...



And making this...

Pretty Cool, Huh?
Have you ever "hacked?"

1 comment:

  1. I love Ikea too, everything is such good value! I have painted Ikea furniture before to give it a different look, but thats about it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...