Random Student Fact: According to one student, the average temperature of the human body in 12 inches. Bang. Head. Here.
Being a teach with a not-so-chic wallet, the beauty products have to a back seat to the groceries, bills, plethora of school stuff I have to buy. Over the past few years, I have developed some of my swear-by secrets that make me feel like a million!
1. While in the shower, I slather baby oil on my legs. The water takes away the greasy feeling, but locks in the moisture. It creates an elongated leg (hello, I'm 5'4') with a shadow effect- so it looks very defined. I recommend JOHNSON'S® Baby Oil Gel with Shea and Cocoa Butter.
2. Tiny lips? Lightly brush them with your toothbrush and water. It will take the dead skin off of your lips, leaving them plump and perfect-shade-o-pink.
3. You really can whiten teeth with baking soda! Once a day, put on your toothpaste as normal, but add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda on top. Brush away! (Warning: Don't brush your teeth with just baking soda... it is disgusting.)
4. I am already terrified about wrinkles around my eyes. (Why didn't I use more sunscreen?!) To minimize lines AND decrease puffy eyes, try this. 1.) Remove eye make-up with cream cleaner. I like Pond's Cucumber Deep Cleanser. (Oh, and the best way to do this? The slab on/ wipe off method.)
Then, lightly rub Vaseline (yep, like this) in around your eye. Safe to sleep in- won't clog your pores. (And everything clogs my pores.) My MIL swears that Vaseline is the best anti-wrinkle cream.
5. I tend to have oily skin. Milk of magnesia is the best cure! Just shake the bottle and apply (works best with cotton balls.) Leave for 12-15 minutes and rinse. I like Phillips' Strawberry Flavor (because it smells better.)
6. Weekend life left your hair full of product? Mix 1 c of vinegar (Apple Cider smells better than the regular kind) and warm water in a large glass. Rinse your hair with this after you shampoo/ before you condition. It will remove build-up and leaves your hair shiny.
What's Your Favorite DIY Beauty Secret?