Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Eight is Great

Brooks and I are celebrating eight years of marriage today. Eight years seems so long! Especially when my mind still thinks I am 21 (my body and 2.5 children remind me that I am indeed pushing 30.)



Last year on our anniversary, we were driving back from an out-of-town wedding, and I was so sick! Brooks stopped at every gas station for water and a bathroom break without complaining. This year, we are dealing with an almost four year old suffering from night terrors. Brooks has dealt with Woody while letting me sleep...and never complains. I can't help but think about our honeymoon. Day 2 I had a sinus infection, and Brooks paid the crazy cruise ship prices for some Sudafed without blinking an eye.

Notice a pattern? I am really high maintence. Where would I be without him? I am so lucky to get to say that for eight years he has put up with me and made me feel like a treasure. I feel guilty that I am not near the wife that he is husband! Eight years has gone by in the blink of an eye, yet it is hard to remember me before him. 

I love you so much, Brooks. I hope we make it to the concert tonight (and race home before Woody has his first night terror of the night... #reallife)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...