Monday, November 19, 2012

Woody- Four Months


Thanks Aunt Emma for my awesome shirt!!!



We took his diaper pictures when we got home from our small group's Thanksgiving dinner. Woody was pretty tired, and I guess his gum were hurting, so every picture he has his hand/hands/arm crammed in his mouth.




Woody Facts

  • Weighs 17.2 lbs and is 26 inches long
  • Diaper Size: 3
  • Clothing: Baby clothing is so weird. He still has some 3-6m sleepers that fit, but some of his 9m clothing is tight. I have learned to try things on and don't trust numbers.
  • Sleep: Hmm, has yet to sleep through the night since returning to work, although he has made it to 4:00 am a few nights. He usually takes three naps a day: a short one in the morning, a long one when I pick him up, and short one before Brooks comes home. I still swaddle him for sleep...which I am going to have to break him of soon.
  • Eat: We have moved from every three hours to every 3.5-4 hours. When he takes a bottle, it is usually 5-6 oz.
  • We have had some skin issues due to his excessive drooling. Forget the sweet Johnson&Johnson lotions. Woody has a combo of Eucerin, Cortaid, Vaseline, and baby powder. However, this combo is helping him out a lot.
  • He is so close to rolling from back to tummy. Brooks calls him the exorcist baby because he will contort his body to see you, but won't roll over. He doesn't hate to be on his stomach and shows no interest in rolling from tummy to back. He is trying to push off and crawl.
  • He reaches for things he wants (mainly me...and maybe Brooks too.)
  • He likes sitting in his Bumbo and chatting with Mom.
  • Discovered Lucy! He tries to pet her. When he is about to go to bed (and is deliriously tired), he will laugh so hard at her. One day he had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard!
  • Woody is ticklish under his chin and arms.
  • He has been enjoying football season (with the exception of a certain Texas A&M game.) He has already been in talks with Coach Saban about a football scholarship.
  • He still loves when Brooks sings to him, but he wants me to dance too. (I am sure our neighbors think we are nuts.) Woody is in talks with the producers of Glee as well. (I support Woody and all of his ambitions.)
  • Woody went to Helen, GA for Oktoberfest. He did great- made a social appearance at the bakery, and took a long nap during dinner and the GA/FL game. 
  • We passed a nasty cold back in forth for a week. It was not fun. There is no getting better when you have a baby to take care of, but my sweet husband worked from home one day and nursed us back to health.
  • Woody also spent the night at his great-grandmother's, Jane (with us too, of course.) 
  • We continue to fall more and more in love with this boy. I use to make fun of people who thought that everything there kids did was fascinating. I get it now. (I seriously saved a huge booger Woody once had for Brooks to see. I was just amazed by it!) Woody is a constant reminder of how blessed my family is. God has been so faithful and gracious to us. I love you Woody Man!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...