Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

This was such a special Mother's Day. It wasn't the gifts or the extra sleep (but believe me, those were incredible!), but I realized this Mother's Day just how blessed I am.

Let's recap the weekend. I have no pictures! But sometimes, that is the sign of the best weekend. Saturday morning, we went to Ponce City Market and walked the Beltline. The boys did little walking...the preferred to stand in the middle of the walkway and yell, "Hi! Good Morning!" to everyone. It was super crowded, so I am sure the runners and cyclists loved dodging my kids.

Woody went to a classmate's birthday party that afternoon. Saturday night, Aunt Savanna babysat while Brooks and I went to dinner. (Confession: I chose a childless date night over Mother's Day Brunch.) I also talked Brooks into buying a crib skirt, which I will talk about in another post (I know, I am sorry to keep you waiting.) 

Today was our pastor, Dr. Vic Pentz's, final sermon. I still remember the first time I heard him preach. It was during a stressful time in our lives, and honestly, I didn't want to go to church. But the rest was history...we joined the church two months later. Now I laugh about how reluctant I was, because it seems like I am at the church almost every day. Between our Sunday School, MOPs, preschool, VBS, and Brooks's Iron Mentoring small group, Peachtree has become such a big part of our lives. And a main reason is due to Dr. Pentz. I am going to miss his sermons so much. Please pray for our church, and that we will find another incredible pastor to lead us.

Back to Mother's Day! Those good ole pregnancy hormones just have me feeling the warm and fuzzies over being a momma. But I also am realizing that not everyone feels those same warm and fuzzies. Not everyone has great relationships with their mother, or have lost their mother. Some have lost children, or have a child going through a tough time. There are women who long to be a mother.

So while it is easy for me to rejoice over my incredible mother, mother-in-law, and children, that is not a given for everyone. This Mother's Day, my heart is with them, those hurting over this day. I don't know if you have heard of the story of Ann Reese Grote, but I have followed her mother's testimony since the tragic accident. She wrote such a brave post today. (Her page is here.) I love what she said...about letting God met you in your darkness. The music today just seemed to speak to me and those who are heavy on my heart.

The music was great, and I wanted to share these lyrics from today...

I can't remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain. 
I can't remember one single regret
In serving God only and trusting His hand.
(He's Always Been Faithful- Sara Groves/arr. Gary Rhodes)

I hope today finds you happy and rejoicing...and if it brings pain, I hope that you will give your pain to God. I am praying for your peace. 

Finally, a few pictures of Cheeks and Peepers. Thank you for letting me be your momma. There has never been anything that I have been more proud to be!




(Because when they match, it is everything. I hope the always find the joys in coordinating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...